COVID-19 Vaccination programme
The Practice is currently working hard to deliver the COVID-19 vaccine to eligible patients in the priority groups, at the same time as providing care to all those who need it.
PLEASE NOTE RE: Second Vaccinations
- for those patients that have already had their first vaccination via the Practice's PCN site (Cornford House Surgery) we are currently in the process of inviting patients for their second vaccination (with the first clinic being on 7th April for those who were vaccinated on 16th/17th January). Please wait for your text message or call from the practice, please do not call us - you won't be forgotten!
- If you had your first vaccination at one of the mass vaccination centres or other site, then please follow the guidance you were given at the time of your first appointment - you may already have been given a further appointment.
You will be contacted when it is your turn to be vaccinated by either*:
- · A letter or text from the National Booking Service inviting you to book at a local vaccination centre
· A text, call or letter from the Practice
*in some instances you may receive both - you can choose to respond to either.
If you are aged 60 or over, are Clinically Extremely Vulnerable, in receipt of Carers Allowance, or a frontline Health or Social Care worker you can now book direct online via nhs.uk/covidvaccination or by calling 119.
If you are not eligible yet, please wait to be contacted. The NHS will let you know when it's your turn to have the vaccine.
Whether you have had the vaccine or not, please continue to follow all the guidance in place to control the virus and save lives.
Further information on the COVID-19 vaccination programme, including frequently asked questions and patient information leaflets here https://www.cambridgeshireandpeterboroughccg.nhs.uk/news-and-events/latest-news/covid-19-national-vaccination-programme/.
* As at 1st February 92% of our patients over the age of 80 and 91% of those over 70 have had their first Covid vaccination. Please be assured that we will continue to contact those outstanding as we move onto the next cohorts - nobody will be forgotten!
DoctorLink is an online triage and advice tool which helps the patient see the right member of the practice team in the appropriate timeframe based on clinical need.
With DoctorLink you can check your symptoms, book appointments, request fit/sick certificates & request repeat prescriptions. Sign-up is simple, just click the link below to create your account, or download the DoctorLink app (IOS & Android):
For the most up-to-date information on the Coronavirus Pandemic please go to:
Have you got the NHS App?
24/7, wherever you are, the app lets you conveniently order repeat prescriptions, view your GP medical record, and quickly check symptoms.
You can also book, cancel and track appointments at your GP surgery with ease.* And access to NHS 111 online means no more wondering if you need urgent attention.
It’s free and owned by the NHS so you know your personal data is always secure. You can find it in in Google and Apple app stores.
Your NHS, your way. Download the NHS App.
For further information click here: NHS App
About our practice
Our Doctors are committed to providing high quality NHS medical care for individuals and families in a friendly and caring environment.
You may choose to see any of the doctors, but we believe we can provide the best care if you keep to the same one. We work closely together as a team and are confident that you will receive equally caring attention from any of us when your usual doctor is not available. All doctors provide a full range of medical services, including maternity medical services, minor surgery, contraceptive services and child health surveillance.
We strongly support the NHS policy on zero tolerance. Anyone attending the surgery who abuses the GPs, staff or other patients be it verbally, physically or in any threatening manner whatsoever, will risk removal from the practice list. In extreme cases we may summon the police to remove offenders from the practice premises.
Please see the link to the latest edition o the quarterly newsletter produced by our Patient Participation Group (PPG) below. Head to the page entitled 'Patient Participation Group to see previous editions!
Newsletter 25 - March 21.pdf
Newsletter 24 - December 20.pdf
More evening and weekend GP appointments available
All our patients now have access to more pre-bookable evening and weekend GP and nurse appointments.
To book an appointment, contact our reception team who will be able to book an appointment for you, or direct you to where you can do this online.
Appointments may not be at this practice, but if you talk to our receptionists, they will help you find the right service and at a time that is convenient.
Click on the link below to log in to SystmOnline.
PLEASE NOTE: You will need a username and password to access the online service. For more information about how to do this visit our 'Online Access to your medical Records' page: